Friday, March 18, 2011

The firefly’s best friend

Though mostly fireflies are happy and sanguine, sometimes (for example, when they start a new shop on Etsy) they feel a bit dizzy, clue- and helpless. Well, to tell the truth, opening this shop was a great challenge for me, too. There are so many things do learn and to do. Creating a profile, take good photos (later more about this), scramble through the Etsy jungle...
During the last few weeks, I sometimes wondered whether this really was the great idea I thought it was at the beginning.
But I learned one really great thing: We have the best friend a firefly and a storyteller can ask for! Albeit, she’s a bit weird, my sister(-in-law) was and still is (and I hope will always be) the greatest help!
Proofreading, taking pictures, actually opening the shop, doing all the settings, having ideas for the fairy lights....(ok, I could fill the whole page with the things she helped me with). Whatever step we had to take, she always showed us where to go, held our hands (wings) and sometimes nudged us into the right direction.

She made us the greatest gift, giving us her time and energy. I really owe you something - you are wonderful, great, gorgeous, awesome, wonderful, lovely, fantastic....  I can’t thank you enough!!!






ps: The firefly urges me to tell you, it’s thankful, too.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaw, I'm really touched! (and a little abashed) I was happy to hold your hands and wings and to be there for you, and I don't plan on changing that.
    I know you'll do great - and if you need me, you know where to go :-)

    *hug*
    Weird

    ReplyDelete